Hemp protein pudding with fresh summer BC peaches.
By Hayley Stobbs R.Ac, CNC
Enjoy the following hemp pudding during warmer seasons, for breakfast or as a snack. Top with your favourite seasonal fruit and extra additions such as chopped nuts, seeds, tigernut, and cacao nibs. The protein, essential fatty acid, and mineral content will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied for hours. To read all about hemp seed click here.
HEMP PROTEIN PUDDING
Makes 4 cups
3/4 cup hemp seed
2 - 3 tablespoons collagen protein, or pea protein
2 - 3 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin, or 1 teaspoon agar powder
3 1/2 cups hot water
2 - 3 teaspoons dark maple syrup, optional
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
Dash of sea salt
1. Bring 3 1/2 cups of water just about to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to a blender.
3. Pour the hot water into the blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
4. Pour into a few 2 cup glass mason jars. The mixture will be frothy; this will fade after an hour or two.
5. Before serving transfer to a bowl and whisk with a fork. Top with seasonal fruit and nuts or seeds.
If you’re interested in nutrition and acupuncture I’d be happy to guide you along. Please visit www.vcaspa.com to book online or call 250-590-4341. To learn more about my acupuncture practice, follow @hayley_stobbs on Instagram.
Wishing you love & vitality,
Hayley Stobbs R.Ac, CNC